Primary Roles and Responsibilities: The Communications and Events Coordinator assists in expanding the community's awareness of the Perry Chamber of Commerce through planning, coordinating, and promoting events of the Perry Chamber of Commerce in the Perry/Middle Georgia area.
- Write and produce engaging materials about the Perry Chamber for a variety and balance of both social and traditional media.
- Types of projects include but are not limited to:
- Event press releases and other marketing materials
- Event brochures and/or catalogs
- Perry Chamber weekly newsletter
- Implement the marketing and communications plan as outlined for Prospective and New Chamber Members
- Manage marketing and communications plan calendar
- With the President/CEO, create a consistent, effective look for the
Perry Chamber outreach and messaging materials.
- Assist in developing and nurturing relationships with local media. Strive to gain Perry Chamber coverage in the local media, maintain records of media contacts and community coverage, and regularly update the Perry Chamber media list.
- Assist in taking photos or arrange for photos to be taken as needed and use photos in materials and technologies to communicate
- Manage and regularly update Perry Chamber, Perry Dogwood Festival, and Perry Restaurant Week websites.
- Support President/CEO in planning/coordinating fundraising events and other special events, including Annual Meeting, Perry Dogwood Festival, Freedom Fireworks, Perry Job Fair, Business Battlefield, Perry Restaurant Week, Taste of Perry, State of the Community Luncheon, Legislative Appreciation Reception and a number of smaller events.
Project duties include:
- Assisting in event management and planning from concept to execution including facilitating the creation of event concept to developing a project/event plan, communicating with the Special Events Committee, ensuring the plan is implemented on time and within budget
- Make sure event concept and print materials are on message and withing branding guidelines
- Create all visual elements and printed materials for the event.
- Liaison to vendors
- Event Public Relations
- Coordination of event volunteers.
- Provide monthly events and communications reports to the President/CEO.
- Provide support to the President/CEO as needed, and other duties as
- Bachelor’s degree in event management or a related discipline
- Success in communications and outreach
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and presenter, creative thinker, and team player
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong interest in the organization's mission
- Knowledge of desktop design and publishing skills, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office skills
- Experience managing website content
- Experience in planning and implementing events and working with volunteers